Greater New Hope Family Services is opening a facility to host homeless families. Families are allowed to stay free for up to four months. During the four-month stay, they will have a chance to clean up their credit, expunge their criminal record, take Rent Well classes, get counseling/therapeutic services if needed and improve their conditions for stable housing. Each time a new client family enters the Northeast Campus program; you can help them feel welcomed and loved through the Adopt-a-Room program. We are looking for individuals, groups, and corporate sponsors to provide essentials to help homeless families feel cared for when they enter their room for the first time. It can be a very emotional time, and you can make all the difference.
As a room sponsor we ask that you and/or your group supply new essential items for your room each time there is a new client family. Each family will have one to two adults and one to two children. We list all sponsors on our Community Sponsors webpage, unless you should choose to remain anonymous. We invite you to help our families feel at home.
Basic Essentials Required to Adopt a Room:
- Sheets, blankets & pillows (specific to the room adopted)
- Bath towel sets per family member
- Shower curtain, rod, & rings, tissue
- A can opener
Other Suggested Essentials:
- Hygiene gift basket with items such as: shampoo & conditioner, toothpaste, toothbrushes, feminine hygiene, deodorant, toilet paper
- Silverware, plastic plates & glasses
- Microwave cooking utensils
- Dish towels & wash rags, dish soap
- Basic cleaning supplies such as: mop, broom & dust pan, toilet plunger
- Basic Appliances: alarm clock or small radio etc.
- Small area rugs & bath mat
- Small Dish rack, decorative items (no candles please)
- Food basket (non-perishable items)
- Please call Linda Ellerby at 813-417-4013 or email Linda Ellerby to let us know of your intentions to sponsor a room….and let’s get started.
One Person Can Make A Difference